Collège Antonin Perbosc, Lafrançaise, FRANCE
Our college is located in a rural town of about 3,000 inhabitants in south-western France. The social, cultural and professional difficulties of the families of this region generate a significant educational deficit, highlighted by the national assessments in math and French. A certain fatalism has settled and a real lack of ambition of the families for their children engenders little desire to move towards long-term studies. The college has 400 students, the languages taught are English, Spanish, Italian and an introduction to the regional language Occitan.
The axes of the educational project of the school are:
- Increase ,even modestly, the social promotion, by helping students, families and teachers to enroll in a counselling and informed choice.
- Use new technologies across the institution.
- Working with the student’s ability to succeed, to acquire the common base, - recognizing, accompanying and intensifying the work of individual pupils in and outside the classroom
A cultural opening and educational activities, to health and citizenship complement our school project.
It can be seen that the Comenius project fully meets the goals and ambitions that we set with the school project. It is hoped:
- That linking with students from different European countries our students come out of their cultural isolation
- That scientific activities , put them into questioning and thinking beyond school hours
- That they give meaning to learning and they build the answers to their questions
- That students acquire skills in using new media.
- That students choose an orientation towards scientific studies